Sunday, November 15, 2009

Greasy Mexican Food

This may sound a little out of character but personally, I really don't to consume alcohol with my meals. Honestly, the mix really doesn't work for me. I don't care if we are talking about wine and steak or beer and anything else, for some reason I just like to keep these two activities separate. By no way does this mean that I don't enjoy both activities because I do. I guess the proper analogy would be to equate it with partying with the kappa babez and the theta babez. I really like to do both, but if done at the same time, the results could be disastrous.

However, there is one exception: greasy mexican food & beer. The greasier the better. For example: wajoos need not apply, that place is too health-conscience. I'm talking specifically about El Tarasco. I've been there 3 times this week (twice on Saturday) and can say that it is my new favorite south bay staple. The only caveat is that they do not serve beer (yet).

However, everything else about the place is awesome:
(1) the food is cheap and plentiful
(2) homemade chips (literally just fried tortillas, they don't even bother cutting them) and homemade salsa
(3) mexican sports are always broadcasting on a 13 inch TV on top of the soda machine
(4) cramped eating area, forces you to rub elbows
(5) friendly staff

If going after a surf sesh, I always go with the fajitas and eat in, and take half home, which will only set you back about 9 bucks.

Other favorites are the carne asada tacos (unlike wajoos, these tacos actually have a lot of meat and come with guac), and the quesadilla w/tomato sauce and ortega chilis (each for under 5 bucks).

On Saturday, good news came by phone as I got a call from DNChambe and JPL, who were crushing up the strand to the porto looking for some local grindz. Seeing that OBs and Sharkeez were out of the question (Pacquiao fight crowd) I suggested El Tarasco. Not only did we get to eat some mexican radness, but the rendezvous at EL Tarasco produced another bump-in with the Cadillac, who invited us to his place to watch the fight. So not only did we get to grind on tacos and pound beers, but we got to see a couple of dudes beat the shit out of each other on pay-per-view with some sweet older pike bros.

So if you're in the neighborhood and don't want to make the commute to downtown (manhattan beach blvd.) to eat, stop by El T. We might run into each other, and in the event that we do, make sure you get your tacos to-go, because I'll always have a couple cold ones chilled in the fridge.

Crack a Pacifico and enjoy,

- Chairseo

2 comments:

  1. I liken this to the theory that the only way to survive Chanos was by having enough alcohol in your system to kill anything suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BYOB at El Tarsco, isn't there a liquor store near by? Of course there is, theres a damn liquor store on every corner of the south bay. because just like healthcare everyone deserves access to booze, cigarettes, and lotto tickets

    ReplyDelete